Mounting a Motor to the Diablo Power Truck couldn't be any easier!
Diablo Power Truck built and installed, I added a small drop of Labelle #108 oil to all the moving parts (except the belt- You want friction there!). Now I'm ready to install the motor.
instructions for this are very clear and concise. So don't do as I do, do as they say!
The drive shaft of the power truck is a bit on the long side for this car. I want the motor to be reasonably centered so that the car is well balanced to aid in reliable operation. So a little trimming is in order:
A cutting disk equipped Dremel tool made quick work of trimming the drive shaft to size.
In an attempt to get the cars in my fleet all running at similar speeds, I ordered a motor that was around the same size as those used in the Niles cars. Which is a little on the small size apparently*. So I had to add a few layers of double sided tape the get the motor up to the right height for the drive shafts to line up.
*Some people insist that its best to use the largest motor that could be fit ( I don't want to name any names but, his name starts with a "F" and ends with a "-red Gurzeler"). So that's something to consider.
The silicon tube was worked onto the pulley shaft and then the motor shaft. Then the motor was pressed firmly into place. And that's all there is to it! No screws, no drilling, no nothing! The tape is more than sufficient to secure the motor in place. It couldn't be any easier to mount a motor than this. Yes sir! Couldn't be and easier!