Read the Free Trolleyville Times Monthly for the Latest News on Prototype and Model Traction!

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Ancestry: Horsecars!

As if this layout isn’t historical enough, I have decided to add a little more history. For my next project I would like to model this San Diego horsecar. I know I should wait to finish the layout first before diving into such a project, but by building it now, I can pose it on the streets before the overhead goes in. That way I’ll have “before” and “after” pictures of the streets. This would give the impression of a successful horsecar line making the transition to that new fangled electrisical stuff. Pretty neat, huh? Yes-sir! Pretty neat indeed!
Other than the clearstory roof on the bottom car, these two cars are nearly identical. The top car has the window panels removed to take advantage of the nice weather, or at least to prevent it from becoming too stuffy inside form the heat. I will model it in this open configuration.

No comments:

Post a Comment