Read the Free Trolleyville Times Monthly for the Latest News on Prototype and Model Traction!

Monday, May 27, 2013

The Grand Plan!

Finally! The mysterious, top secret, hush hush, track plan finally revealed!

Judging by all the comments, emails, cards and letters we haven't received, yous guys aren't exactly dying of curiosity about the track plan of this dandy little pike! So without any further ado, here you go anyway:

Ta-Da!
Four city blocks of downtown traction action, featuring a Grand Union (or Grand Junction) intersection, all contained within a 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 foot layout. So whaddaya think? Worth the wait? Hmm? Yes sir! Worth the wait!

Dandy


4 comments:

  1. Hello and happy holidays, I'm very interested in building this also, I'd like to use the Orr rail and switches, I'm wondering what the radius of your curves are.
    Thanks in advance, Dave Mummery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a Happy Holidays to you you foolish one! I designed this layout when I was a noob- so improvements can be made. The right hand curves are 9 5/8" (70 scale feet) and the left hand curves are 7 9/16" (55 scale feet). Good luck with your build!

      Delete
  2. Hi. The GUI looks amazing. But why didn't you connect the curves at the T-shaped intersections with two turnouts and a straight line?
    In current setup every car going to the east will come back from south. And every car going to the west will come back from north. No car can cycle around the outer edge and enter the GUI trough a random direction.
    R.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first attempt at building this layout I did exactly that! But the layout was too small (48"x48"). So I cut out the intersection and built the current layout around it (54"x54"). The turnouts on the outer loop were eliminated for expediency. I want to get this layout done during my life time! When It's done then I can go back and add or modify. Most likely I'll build a carhouse extension to the layout though.

      Delete