Read the Free Trolleyville Times Monthly for the Latest News on Prototype and Model Traction!

Friday, May 30, 2008

Stripping Paint from Brass Models

Stripping paint from a brass model is actually quite easy and inexpensive. Here is a technique I use:

Step 1: Disassemble the model. Remove anything that is not brass.

Step 2: Submerge the model in a 50/50 mix of Original Pine-Sol and water. I let it sit over night.

Step 3: The paint flakes off easily. I use an old toothbrush to get the paint out of the tough corners and crevasses while rinsing with clean water.

Voila! Yessir! Voila!

3 comments:

  1. Great! I think I'll give it a try. 👍😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just purchased HO scale Barney Safety Car just like your's! I'm very ecstatic about having one on my brass train collection. It's brass and unpainted. And you can bet I'll be looking to this website help me to paint it and add detail. ��

    Everett the PE TractionGuy

    ReplyDelete