Read the Free Trolleyville Times Monthly for the Latest News on Prototype and Model Traction!

Monday, July 22, 2013

Wonderful World of Color

Painting the Streets and Sidewalks
 I've been staring at plywood and plaster for so long that even the new concrete coloring looks exciting!
 I grabbed some buildings and posed this little scene. Two of the streets on the layout represent the pre-paved era of streets. So they were painted Floquil Earth.

 But for the most part the rest of the layout is painted Floquil Concrete. And of course Floquil came out with "Aged Concrete" right after I painted it! But it doesn't really matter anyway because...

Another case of "if I were to do it again". Because if I were to do it again, I would have used Durhams Water Putty tinted with concrete coloring. In the photo above the effects of track cleaning and chipping on painted plaster can be seen. Bright white plaster peaking through. Tinted water putty would fair much better.
You guys are so lucky to be learning from my mistakes. Yes sir! Your so lucky!

Dandy

No comments:

Post a Comment