Monday, August 03, 2026

Backesto Block Bldg ~ Color Management

Paint for the Backesto

Giving Mission Models Paint a Try.

Since I don't think Floquil is coming back and acrylics seem to be getting really good!

Painted!  Not the white ghost anymore. The building is looking much more grounded now.

Painting

Black Primer for the interior wall.  This is to help prevent the building walls from glowing when the interior lights are lit.  Styrene is rather translucent.

Tan Primer for the exterior of the building. This color is almost correct for the final color of the building!

White paint for the whole interior, including the walls that were painted black. This will help reflect the interior lighting back into the scene, illuminating the scene more fully.

Sandgrau RAL paint for the exterior. This color turned out a little 'dingier' than I expected so I think I'll try lightening it up a bit.

White and Sandgrau mix.  Ah- that did the trick! I think we are on the right track now.

Masked for the trim color. I can't paint straight lines. But I can tape straight lines! So I taped the Bejesus out of it. 

White trim. Yes its bright, but it'll tone down with a light wash of Bragdon weathering powders (mixed with alcohol). This will tone down the white and really bring out the details. (The blank walls on the bottom floor will eventually have a painted advertisement on it).

Brick Red for the window frames and doors.  Those I had to paint by hand- a rather painstaking and precise experience!   The Bragdon wash toned down the white trim nicely.

I really need to fix that broken span wire!

Gay Nineties Elegance?
 

Yes sir! - Gay Nineties Elegance!

Dandy



No comments:

Post a Comment