Read the Free Trolleyville Times Monthly for the Latest News on Prototype and Model Traction!

Saturday, November 18, 2006

A Slice of Life


Big announcement: I don’t know what I’m doing! I’ve never built anything like this before. Do I build the streets first and then the sidewalks? Or vice versa? How do I create the flangeways in the pavement? Not to mention the nagging questions of whether the streets and sidewalks are wide enough. What’s a fellah to do?

So I built this little test piece. Took a scrap piece of wood, laid some rail, paved in the streets and sidewalks, experimented with sidewalk and concrete colors. Added a wooden pole with some piano wire for overhead then added city details (streetlamp and phone booth.). Cool.

This has been a helpful little exercise. Yessir, a helpful little exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment