Read the Free Trolleyville Times Monthly for the Latest News on Prototype and Model Traction!

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Spaghetti Bowl

Wiring up Turnout Machines

I installed these NJ International Turnout Machines years ago. But I find it very difficult to get the tabs for the control panel indication lights arranged just right so they don't short everything out. So I have foregone the indication lighting aspect of it for now and hooked them up to just switch the track. In the upper left is a Capacitive Discharge Unit from Miniatronics to give the turnouts a strong, decisive "snap"!

Eventually I would like to replace all the switch machines with easy to install and adjust micro servos.

The reason I haven't gone that route yet is because I don't want to invest another dollar into this layout until I see the intersection work as designed first! Yes sir! I want to see that intersection work as designed first!

Dandy

No comments:

Post a Comment