Monday, October 05, 2026

Backesto Block Bldg ~ Marquee Market

 Modeling a Turn-of-the-20th-Century Market.

Going ALL OUT on a FULLY DETAILED Interior.

Being situated at the very edge of the layout, my model of the Backesto Block Bldg can be scrutinized quite closely. So for the buildings first tenant I'm going to seriously deck-it-out with detail.

The market will occupy the storefront on the left. Good as place an any.

What I'm Thinking:


Bountiful produce spilling out of the store and right onto the sidewalk.

From baskets of fruit on the ground to boxes of fruit on barrels and benches to pyramids of cans rising in the windows - it just keeps going up and up and up!

Insanely neatly stacked produce and cans! Even the bananas are neatly fanned out. Cute place too.

What I've got:


Looking around at what's available in HO scale, I was able to pick these up on eBay:

Busch 1071 Marketstand. This has that big leafy produce as well as stackable fruit. Those Jams and Jelly jars really caught my eye. Stacking those in the window with the store lighting behind them may create a stunning stained glass effect.

Preiser 17501 Boxes of Fruit and Vegetables. Great variety of produce. The sacks of potatoes are nice too. I really like that floor scale, that could make for a nice detail in the store.

Preiser 17502 Baskets of Fruit and Vegetables. These are a must since they were quite prominent in those old timey photos.

Okay so this is what I have to work with, Let's see what I can do with them.

Yes sir!
Let's see what I can do!

Dandy



No comments:

Post a Comment